Wednesday 11 June 2008

Raef gets fired on The Apprentice

Raef Bjayou has become the latest contestant to be fired by Alan Sugar on 'The Apprentice'.
The 27-year-old entrepreneur said afterwards that he felt he was sacked because he was not as "in your face" as his rivals.
"I learnt a lot about myself on 'The Apprentice', about how I can improve myself as a businessman," he said.
"I learnt that as a leader if you are put in charge of a group of people, to use the legal jargon, the burden of proof is on you to prove what other people's skills are."
"It's important when leading a team to draw out the skills of other people, even when they might not be so forthcoming with those skills.
"A good leader inspires confidence in him, but a great leader inspires others to have confidence with themselves. That's what I did.
Speaking about why Sugar decided to fire, Raef said: "I just think I didn't come across as gritty enough."
"The others are more in your face, and that's how Sir Alan got to where he is today."
Last night the team that Raef was leading failed their task, which involved designing a new brand of tissues and building an advertising campaign around the brand.